The DDC Group, Based in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, has been in operation since 1989 and specialises in diverse offering of technology-enabled, knowledge-based solutions.
One of our key skills is to take mostly paper inputs and use technological solutions to turn this into electronic images and data for our Clients. As such, we recognise that our key activities have an impact on the environment in terms of waste generation and the use of electrical power. The environmental aims of the DDC Group are twofold:
1. To comply with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to our industry.
2. To continually improve our processes and procedures to minimise out environmental impact, in particular the prevention of pollution.
In relation to these goals, our policy is to:
- Establish Systems to measure our usage of electricity, gas and paper.
- Set targets for reducing each of these areas and publish these to all staff and on our website.
- Make efficient use of natural resources by minimising waste and conversing energy. Identify ways of reducing out use of electrical power.
- Identify ways of reducing our use of paper in internal processes.
- Optimise the amount of waste we are able to have recycled.
- Involve out staff in helping us meet these objectives, through appropriate environmental awareness training and participation in continuous improvement activities.
- Implement our policy through a formal environmental management system.
- Report on out environmental performance to all interested parties.
- Review the policy periodically to take account of changes in legislation, organisation or other internal and external factors.